Thursday, February 23, 2012

Two Reviews for Captain Wentworth

It's not often I get two good reviews in one day for the same novel, but that was what happened yesterday at Diary of an Eccentric and Austenprose. Here are excerpts:

Diary of an Eccentric: Like Persuasion, Captain Wentworth Home from the Sea  is a sweet story about second chances.  I loved this book and was sad that it was so short....  I’d love to see this book expanded into a full-length novel!

Austenprose: Captain Wentworth Home from the Sea is a very pleasant diversion for Persuasion enthusiasts. Simonsen respects the intensity of Anne and Frederick’s love, and her alterations to Austen’s plot are neither extreme nor implausible. 

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on your raves Mary. What wonderful reviews!

    Just thought you'd want to know that your Downton post isn't showing up. I'd love to read that too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Downton post has been rescheduled for 2/28. I goofed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read them both. Kudos for you! Obviously a well liked story and well written!

    ReplyDelete