Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Pride and Prejudice 200 Calendar


I have never reviewed a calendar before, but Janet Taylor’s beautiful 200th Anniversary Celebration of Jane Austen’s Pride and Prejudice certainly deserves one. Each watercolor is absolutely lovely. The calendar also provides a chronology of Jane Austen’s life, and each picture displays a quote from the novel. These are not random quotes, but reveal the story in chronological order.

If you love Pride and Prejudice, you will want this calendar. If your favorite P&P adaptation is the 1995 A&E presentation with Colin Firth and Jennifer Ehle, then you MUST  have this calendar. It is definitely a keepsake. Check it out at Janet’s website. If you want a closer look, Jane has a youtube video where you can get a peek at every month. This would be a wonderful Valentine's gift for a P&P fan or for yourself.

Janet Taylor will be guest hosting a blog sometime this month. I’ll let you know when her post is up.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you, Mary, for such a lovely review. I have to say that it came as quite a surprise, especially since I had never imagined that it would get reviewed. I am thrilled that you like it and honored that you took the time to tell everyone. That means a lot to me and I thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome! I cant wait to check this out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review, Mary, for a lovely JA keepsake! You're right, this would make a good gift for Valentine's Day. Can't get more romantic than Darcy and Elizabeth!

    ReplyDelete