Thursday, August 2, 2012

Thank You!

Yesterday was a big day for me. On Kindle, my first mystery, Three's A Crowd, could be downloaded for free. Why would I just give my book away? Mostly because few people knew that, in addition to my Jane Austen re-imaginings, I am also a mystery writer. (I can say that now!) It was the only way I had to get the word out. So after posting a notice on Facebook, I crossed my fingers hoping my friends would help me out. And, boy, did they! Three's A Crowd landed in Kindle's Top 50 for mysteries and Top Ten for Police Procedurals for free Kindles on 8/1/12. I've already seen a boost in sales. Most importantly, I was able to let my friends in the UK know that I have written a British Police Procedural!

As a way of thanking all you lovely people, I am giving away two paperback copies of Three's A Crowd. All you have to do is leave a comment here on my blog (with e-mail address please) or on Facebook or send me an e-mail at quailcreekpub@hotmail.com.

Hugs to all!

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I was hoping to hear there were paperback copies available. I like a good mystery every now and then.

    Please throw my name in the hat:
    diaryofaneccentric at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent book Mary! Got it for free last night. Looking forward to the one from fall 2012. Love things British like Dr. Who, Monty Python, and Colin Firth. I will now have to check out your Mr. Darcy books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I knew who to thank for such praise, but I'll take it anyway.

      Delete
  3. Congratulations! That's fantastic! I would love a paperback copy of Three's a Crowd! I love the cover!

    canapple7(at)cox(dot)net

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terrific!! More people get to see Patrick as the world's sweetest handyman!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY, Mary! How exciting! This is such a wonderful book! I am looking forward to the what Patrick Shea has in store next! :) Congrats on top 50 in mysteries and top 10 in police procedurals! I bet you were over the moon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your achievement, Mary. Put my name in the hat, please. I think this will be my cup of tea as I love Law & Order | UK and just started watching Sherlock last week.

    evangelineace2020(a)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete