Monday, May 7, 2012

Mary Simonsen, Mystery Writer

Dear Friends, I have penned my first story, Three's A Crowd, a British police procedural. Here is a description:

In Three’s A Crowd, we are introduced to Detective Sergeant Patrick Shea, a rising young star at the Hampden Station Criminal Investigation Department, and someone whose career is being fast tracked by the Metropolitan Police in London. With his eye on an appointment to a Murder Investigation Team with New Scotland Yard, Shea is doing everything by the book. Unfortunately, Patrick’s love life is a bit of a mess and gets messier when he learns that his former lover, Annie Jameson, has been assaulted on someone else’s patch. Will his involvement in the under-the-radar investigation of the attack on his ex-girlfriend put his career in jeopardy and possibly her life as well?

Although Three's A Crowd will not be published until early June, I'm so excited that I have finished it that I wanted to share. My daughter and I are still tweaking the cover, so please stay tuned. I'll have more info later in May.

P.S. I'd love to hear what you think about the cover. Thanks.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations! That's wonderful news. I cannot wait to read it when it comes out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary, I love the cover! I noticed it right away. I love the alley at night. :) I am looking forward to reading this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary - is this a modern story? Love the cover!!

    ReplyDelete