Monday, November 28, 2011

Connections - Part 2


I am currently watching Whitechapel, a murder mystery on BBC's Dramaville. (Actually, I only watch parts of it because it is very graphic, so my husband lets me know when it's OK to look.) Anyway, the star is Rupert Penry-Jones who played Captain Frederick Wentworth in the 2007 TV Persuasion. Rupert's brother, Laurence, is married to Polly Walker, who played Caroline Dester in Enchanted April, along with Joan Plowright, who was married to Laurence Olivier, who played Henry V, as did Kenneth Brannagh, who was then married to Emma Thompson, whose sister, Sophie, played Miss Bates in the Gwyneth Paltrow Emma, along with Polly Walker, who played Jane Fairfax, who is the sister-in-law of Rupert Penry-Jones. So we are back where we started. Isn't this fun?

8 comments:

  1. I had to read that slowly three times. You're incredible! Thanks for the smile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to read that a few times, too! LOL Thanks, Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must say that this is a rather pleasant diversion. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. 6 degrees of Rupert Penry-Jones? LOL!

    Lots of fun isn't it Mary? Your version is much harder to play than our 2 degrees of Judi Dench!

    Rupert Penry-Jones starred in Persuasion with Sally Hawkins who was in Jane Eyre with Judi Dench. Bam!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jenny, It sounds like you are unbeatable w/Judi and her one degree of separation. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to start watching Whitechapel. I could use a weekly fix of Rupert.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun indeed.Thank you for the connections. I enjoyed this post. Vic

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rupert Penry-Jones!? Yum! I think I should watch Whitechapel just to see him! ;)

    ReplyDelete