Monday, September 12, 2011

New Kids on the Block - Austen Bloggers

One of the biggest advantages of writing Jane Austen re-imaginings is that I have met people from all over the world who are Austen admirers. Their love of Austen takes many forms, such as sewing Regency Era clothes or learning Regency Era dances, but several have chosen to set up blogs to review books. There are many bloggers who have been at it for a while, such as Austenprose, My Jane Austen Book Club, and Austenesque Reviews. But there are four new kids on the block, and I would like to introduce them to you.

The Secret Dreamworld of a Jane Austen Fan
My Little Corner of the World (not exclusively Austen)
So Little Time... (arts and crafts as well)
My Love for Jane Austen

If you are a fan of Austen adaptations, you will want to visit Jenny Allworthy's blog, The Jane Austen Film Club. There is also an all-Jane newspaper published by Maria Grazia, The Everything Austen Daily, that is chock full of interesting news about Austen world.

I hope you will check out these blogs. Tell them Mary sent you.

9 comments:

  1. Thanks a lot, Mary! Flattered to be mentioned on your blog. Thanks for linking to My Jane Austen Book Club and to The Everything Austen Daily. MG

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maria Grazia, It's my pleasure. I love your newspaper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much, Mary, for mentioning my blog, So little time...! You made my day!! I'll have to check out the other blogs. Thanks again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for mentioning my book blog! I loved checking out everyone else's. It is so nice to find people who are obsessed with Austen and reading like I am. We are not alone. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Mary for the lovely shout out for The Jane Austen Film Club! And congrats on your wonderful year. Are you going to JASNA in Forth Worth? I wish I was going but alas, not this year. Perhaps NYC next year...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I stopped by a couple of these today and need to visit the others later. Thanks for the heads up. I enjoy Candy's blog! Best of luck to everyone on their blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you all. It's such a pleasure to get to know so many nice people. Jenny, I am going to JASNA in Fort Worth. If you go to NYC, then I'll go.

    Jakki, Thanks for your support for my blog and new bloggers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mary, you are such a lovely supporter and advocate for all us bloggers! Thank you for sharing with us your new finds! I'm happy that they were featured today! I already follow My Love For Jane Austen, The Secret Dreamworld of a Jane Austen Fan, and The Jane Ausren Film Club. I look forward to check out the other too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you very much, Mary for mentioning my blog. I'll just pop over to the other 3 blogs for a visit and hope to be acquainted.

    ReplyDelete