Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Anniversary Special - Day 2 at Austen Authors

Today, Austen Authors share where they were when they got "the call" from Sharon to join Austen Authors. Here is mine:

When Sharon called with the invitation to join Austen Authors, I was a finalist on The Next Food Network Star. When my cell phone went off, I was filleting a salmon to be served with crème fraiche sauce on shallot toast. Because it was the ring tone I use only for emergencies (The Beatles “Help”), I knew that I had to take the call. I held up my hand, indicating to the judges and the audience that something more important than a shot at having my own cooking show might be in the offing. I was right! That day I became an Austen Author.


Mosey on over to Austen Authors  to read more. Have fun.

4 comments:

  1. Haha, that's good! And the Food Network is sorry to have lost you.
    A huge compliment to be added to AuAu - and a huge compliment to them as well to have you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only saw that show once when I was visiting my sister, but it was interesting. I liked all the chefs. That's what gave me the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought it was very creative.
    Suzan

    ReplyDelete
  4. I knew you were kidding. I had a good laugh reading this.

    ReplyDelete