Tuesday, August 9, 2011

What's Going on in Austen World

Lots going on. There are two reviews of my novellas. Irena at This Miss Loves to Read reviews my latest, A Walk in the Meadows at Rosings Park, while Erlynn at My Own Little Corner of the World reviews A Wife for Mr. Darcy. I hope you stop by and leave a comment.



Take a tour around England, from Oxford to Scilly, with Diana Birchall, the author of Mrs. Elton in America and Mrs. Darcy's Dilemma. Lovely pictures. You won't want to miss this.

Do you love Alan Rickman, Colonel Brandon in Sense and Sensibility? Then you will want to check out Jenny Allworthy's post on The Jane Austen Film Club.

Abigail Reynolds has Morning Light and Pemberley Medley on sale on Kindle and Nook for $2.99.

Vic at Jane Austen's World has a great post on Laundry in the Georgian Era.

For those who love Pride and Prejudice 2005 with Keira and Matthew, I have found a new blog appropriately titled Pride and Prejudice 2005.

Austenesque Reviews continues its Austen Extravaganza throughout the month. You really don't want to miss this.


A Walk in the Meadows at Rosings Park is now available in paperback for $7.75.


7 comments:

  1. I think you posted the wrong link for P&P 2005 because it's same as the one before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That is a bunch of great going ons! I need to go check out the laundry in the Georgian Era. It sounds interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok. I just read it. Man, I thougth I had it bad doing 3 loads a day. I cannot imagine what they had to go through. Thank goodness our machines do our washing, scrubbing, and wringing out otherwise I would not have time for anything else except laundry. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Luthien, Thanks for the heads up.

    Jakki, It does make you stop and think, doesn't it. I'm old enough to remember hanging clothes on the line, ironing cotton sheets and bra straps.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bra straps - haha! I still hang my towels and bed linens on the line for that country freshness. But I have to admit that I am so thankful for modern technology when it comes to housework.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I learned to iron from my grandmother, and we started with my dad's hankies and bra straps. That's all she would trust me with. I was a handful as a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I still hang my clothes on the line. Here in my country, Malaysia we don't normally use the dryer unless you send it to the laundry shop. Luckily there is sunshine the whole year round.

    ReplyDelete