Wednesday, August 24, 2011

I Need Your Help - Again

Darcy on the HudsonOn August 31, I will have the official launch of my novel, Darcy on the Hudson on Austen Authors. Here is the text from the back jacket:

When Fitzwilliam Darcy, Georgiana Darcy, and Charles Bingley set sail from England for New York, each travels with a different purpose in mind. Georgiana wants to put a particularly jarring episode involving a family friend in the past, and Charles wishes to visit his Uncle Richard in an exciting new land. For Darcy, it is an opportunity to explore the possibilities of new sources of wealth in the expanding United States, but once  Darcy meets American, Elizabeth Bennet, it is the beginning of a love story. But will their differences and a possible second war between Britain and America keep them apart?


This story is a particular favorite of mine. Having grown up in North Jersey, ten miles off the George Washington Bridge, I often visited the Hudson River Valley and did so again 18 months ago as part of my research for this novel. Darcy on the Hudson is the result. Because it is self-published, it is up to me to get the word out that I have a new, full-length novel available. But how best to do it? That's where you come in. 

How do you find out about new books with Austen tie-ins: Google alerts? Amazon alerts? Book blogs? Austen only blog? A particular author's blog? Twitter? Facebook? Would you please take my poll and let me know? Click on as many answers that apply. If you follow a book blog, I would appreciate it if you would share the name. But that's up to you. Looking forward to reading your answers.

P.S. Darcy on the Hudson is currently available on Kindle. The Nook and paperback versions will be available shortly.

17 comments:

  1. I look forward to reading this! Sounds great! I love that time period!

    Does Goodreads count as a book blog?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mary.Book blogs are where I mostly find out about this genre, however I would have thought ,"hitting," all of the above is probably a good idea.

    Hope everything is going well with you.

    All the best,
    Tony

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Mary! I usually find new austenesque books I want to read from Austen blogs. I usually will see a review, givaway, or the books cover on one of the side bars and it will catch my interest.
    I hope this books is a huge success!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! Sounds like another winner!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You probably already know, but http://www.thebookrat.com does a Jane and June, and I found a lot of new authors through her. She posts Jane Austen stuff all the time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Candy, I didn't think about Goodreads. Thanks.
    Tony, Thanks. There are so many blogs. I'm trying to narrow it down b/c I have to pay for the books now.
    Jakki, I would imagine Austen blogs are the best bet.
    Anna, Thanks. A review request will be coming your way.
    erlynn, Yes, thanks for the reminder about Jane in June and of course, your excellent, blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I ususally find out about books on Twitter, Facebook or Goodreads.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. The book sounds great, can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazon and Austen Authors. Can't wait to get Darcy on The Hudon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really want to read Darcy on the Hudson! I always wondered why there are not more stories where Darcy goes to America; I think Darcy's Voyage is the only one I've ever seen.
    I have only recently started following blogs besides AustenAuthors; I get most of my info there or individual authors' sites. There is also a site I go to, to see if a particular author has anything new forthcoming. It's www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Austen Authors, Austenprose and Austenesque Reviews are some of the Austen blog sites I visit to get news on various new Austen-themed books. Then followed by Amazon. I also spread the word about new Austen books at my blog which is grouped by season. Example is located here.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I guess I need to start writing actual Austen books to get on these blogs! They are coming out ahead. Or is "inspired by Austen" good enough. :P

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you, everyone. This is very helpful.

    Luthien, You have a lovely blog, and I just became a "follower." Thanks for the mention of Mr. Darcy's Bite.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I use the same ones Luthien84 does. Austenprose, Austen Authors, Austenesque Reviews and Goodreads. I do go to individual authors sites as well, but for reviews I usually use those. Amazon is good but it's hard to find someone with my same taste compared to a site narrowed down to it.
    Suzan

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks, Mary for becoming a follower. About your next novel, don't mention it. It's my pleasure.

    Another blog I also visit frequently is Maria Grazia's My Jane Austen Book Club.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I use the same blogs that Luthien uses as well. But it helps having a huge friend group on fb that's into JA. Somebody is always saying something about a new book :)

    ReplyDelete