Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Mr. Darcy's Angel of Mercy in Paperback

Mr. Darcy's Angel of Mercy: A Romance of The Great War
Mr. Darcy's Angel of Mercy is now available in paperback on amazon.com. It is also available on Kindle and Nook,, but, finally, I have something for my readers who don't have an e-reader. Hurrah!

Here is a review of this novella by Gioia Recs:

Mary Simonsen’s story is a marvelous depiction of that era and how the war impacted everyone it touched. From the PTSD suffered by all involved, to the lack of marriageable men in England after the war, to society’s general behavior and often contradictory set of morals and expectations, the author manages to capture it all. Darcy and Elizabeth are both among the walking wounded in this story, just trying to keep breathing, while privately holding on to a brief moment of peace they each found during one of the blackest days of the war. I love the way they interact here. So much of canon is present in this story’s plot and characterizations, but there’s more to it than that. It’s a beautifully healing tale and it moved me to tears, even while leaving me grinning.

Please visit Gioia's blog for the complete review.

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful story, Mary!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Angie.
    Also love that review - it doesn't get any better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just finished reading this on my kindle and I loved the story. What a great time period to set the story. Yeah! Another winner from you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on another release Mary. You are on a publishing roll. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Kaydee and JJ.

    JJ, I'm so glad you liked the story. It's one of my favorites. :) Mary

    ReplyDelete