Friday, March 25, 2011

Word Game Question

I have been listening to a cassette tape. Yes, a cassette. I actually have to drive my husband's car because my Prius doesn't have a cassette player in it. It is The Teaching Company's Story of English, and it is just one etymological treasure after another, and I thought I would share one of my finds with you.

Here is the question: What do you get when you put "deus" and "pater" together? Both are Greek words. If you say the two words quickly, you should hear the answer. I will let you know on Saturday or you can put your answer in the comments. :)

Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I was acually thinking Godfather myself but that is not what it sounded like when I said it together :)
    wasn't sure how to pronounce deus.

    ReplyDelete