Thursday, January 13, 2011

Review for The Perfect Bride from Jenny Loves to Read


I received an excellent review from Jenny at Jenny Loves to Read for The Perfect Bride for Mr. Darcy. I was eagerly awaiting this review because Jenny is a South Philly gal and doesn't pull her punches, so you can imagine how pleased I was when I got a 95/100! What did I do? I drove right up to the Grand Canyon, and you can see me celebrating in the picture above. (Aren't I in great shape?)  I hope you will drop by Jenny's blog to read the review and to participate in the giveaway, but in case you don't, here is some of her review:

[Reading The Perfect Bride] was like getting together with old friends who I haven't seen for a while and they had stories to share. All of the characters were wonderfully drawn and I felt like I was in the room when events happened. I also loved the fact that Simonsen used the previously unexplored characters of Georgiana and Anne as the impetus of the matchmaking and all of the machinations of the match making was cute. So if you are looking for a fun and interesting read, pick this one up. You will enjoy it.

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations! 95/100! That's awesome. I'm headed over to read the full review now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blimey!!!!!!!

    That is one hell of a leap.

    You'll do yourself an injury, Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tony, I have extra cushioning in my athletic shoes. :) Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness I am dying over here! you are too kind to me. Your work speaks for itself and I mean every word of it! Thank you for the lovely post and picture of yourself ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your review and that is one hell of a leap!

    ReplyDelete