Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!

I want to wish everyone a Happy New Year and to thank you once again for visiting my blog. Today, I am finally going to the movies to see The King's Speech, and after that, I will watch all the football bowl games with my husband. The Tostitos Bowl is being played nearby in Glendale (Oklahoma v. Connecticut). But for those of a more literary bent, there are interesting posts on Austen Authors today about New Year's traditions from around the world and one groan-worthy pun. I like the Dutch tradition of starting the new year by eating donuts because a Dunkin' Donuts just opened up a half mile from here. Oh, I'm bad. No matter what you do, have fun, be safe.

4 comments:

  1. Happy New Year, Mary!!! I wish you all the best, in your personal life and with your writing.

    I hope you'll enjoy The King's Speech. The trailers look great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year, Mary, to you and your family.

    Tell us about, The King's Speach, if you have the time and the energy, of course.

    I haven't got plans to see it yet but I might.

    All the best,
    Tony

    ReplyDelete
  3. Irena and Tony, You must go to see The King's Speech. It is one of the best movies I have seen in a very long time. Colin Firth and Geoffrey Rush are incredible as is the supporting cast. People clapped at the end.

    Tony, It will make you proud!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year to you and your family. Enjoy that new grandson.

    ReplyDelete