Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving

Please visit Austen Authors to see our terrific Thanksgiving Day banner designed by Abigail Reynolds. Also, you will find a note of thanksgiving from many of the Austen authors featuring my favorite Mr. Darcy. For me personally, I want to thank all of my readers and new friends who make all the many hours I spend writing short stories and novels worth it. You are a treasure. So wherever you are, Happy Turkey Day!

Here is my contribution to Austen Authors:

Like most Americans, I am thankful for friends and family and for reaping the benefits of the fruits of my labor, among those benefits are forming new friendships with people from around the world. I now correspond with a college student in Slovenia, a professor in Australia, a retired school teacher in England, and a reviewer from South Philly. OMG, I cannot fail to mention my 16-year old friend from England who writes to me entirely in text speak.:) My peers include a talented punster from Nova Scotia and a lady from the Deep South who has published her first novel in her seventies. I could go on and on. But suffice it to say that writing Jane Austen fan fiction and publishing Austen re-imaginings has opened the world to me in ways I could never have imagined, and for that I am thankful.

3 comments: