Thursday, July 22, 2010

Big Day for Anne Elliot, A New Beginning - Review and Interview

Anne Elliot, A New Beginning: A Persuasion Re-imagining
When you self-publish a book, you put it out there, cross your fingers, and wait, hoping that someone will notice your efforts and like it.. Today that happened. I received a wonderful review from JJ at Citivolus Sus. Here is a part of her review:

[Anne Elliot] is at heart, a love story that ends the way you want it to end, with some nice turns and a few surprises along the way. Let's put it this way, I read it in two days - which is unheard of for me - I had a hard time putting it down - damn good job Ms. Simonsen.

Please click on the link above to read the rest of the review, and if you posted a comment, both JJ and I would be happy.

The second reason that today is a good day is that Irena at This Miss Loves to Read has interviewed me about Anne Elliot, A New Beginning, and she is also hosting a giveaway of the book. This is open to everyone in the whole wide world, so please visit Irena's blog and find out what an incredibly interesting person I am.

5 comments:

  1. Thank you again, Mary, for doing the interview!
    You ARE very interesting. My jaw kind of dropped when you said you had two sisters, Elizabeth and Anne, and that your husband is Walter.;) This is a wonderful coincidence!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is pure coincidence. My mother never read Austen. When she was naming her children, as a Catholic, she had to name them after a saint. So Elizabeth (cousin of Mary), Anne (mother of Mary), Kathleen (after St. Catherine of Siena), Mary (after the Virgin Mary), Sally/Sarah (after the wife of Abraham). But then there was my sister, Carole, who was born on Christmas day. No St. Carole, so her middle name is Paula, after my Dad and St. Paul, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. My husband is Paul Walter Simonsen, not Walter. He doesn't like Walter at all. But he's a junior.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Mary!!!!!!!!!!

    I have the greatest admiration for you.

    Writing a novel is something I could never do.

    The most I can do is read them and try to understand what they are about.

    Love, Tony

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you enjoyed the review - I really just loved your book.

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete