Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies in Easter Peeps Show

For the past four years, The Washington Post has sponsored an Easter "Peeps" contest. Contestants make dioramas using Peeps chicks and rabbits. They range from President Obama's Inaugural Dance to the Mad Hatter's Peep Party and Hitchcock's "The Peeps." This year there is a "Peeps and Prejudice and Zombies." The diorama at left is called "Peep Show." On the right is "Paul the Plumber" with his butt crack showing, and below is "All we are saying, is give Peeps a chance." Click here for this year's winners. My favorite was the choir and bishop  in the Cathedral (or Peepthedral). If you have a favorite, come back and let me know what it is. I've already heard from one Mario Brothers fan.

3 comments:

  1. I liked the Mad Hatter Peep Party. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's pretty hysterical. I never knew such a competition existed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Alexa, I just can't believe how creative these people are. Although I shouldn't be surprised. My husband is an architect, and his firm in Baltimore had a competition where you could only use Oreos and the packaging. Someone built the Brooklyn Bridge. So many clever people.

    ReplyDelete